Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Ghostly Lights



In the community next to where I live there is an area called Wigwam Point. Basically, it's sits at the end of the community in a more rural area, overlooking a vast inlet of salt water that is also fed by a large river.

Over the years, many have drowned with some bodies never being recovered.

Growing up, I heard stories about lights being spotted hovering above the water. Some referred to them as lost souls, while others called them 'the dead lights'.

Indians populted the area back in the days when the English first settled the area, and there is a small cemetery located just up over an hill in a wooded area(see` picture).

While scenic as the pictures show, I could not help but get a feeling of being watched while I explored the area,snapping pictures. I would not go there at night.

Happy Haunting!

3 comments:

  1. Eep!

    *Hides*

    Love the pics, though. :-)

    <3

    Adam

    ReplyDelete
  2. In theory I'd love to see it at night. In practice...ummm...can't see me lasting long.

    ReplyDelete
  3. interesting coincidence... I googled wigwam point cemetery and this picture came up... it was the exact grave I was looking for. I'm trying to find out if this John Cook could possibly be the John Cook of Norris Arm, supposedly lost at sea around this time, a husband to Susanna Pardy. Do you have any way of finding out more about the grave? Cool website, by the way. gthielmann at gmail dot com will work

    ReplyDelete