Wednesday, September 29, 2010
In the community next to where I live there is an area called Wigwam Point. Basically, it's sits at the end of the community in a more rural area, overlooking a vast inlet of salt water that is also fed by a large river.
Over the years, many have drowned with some bodies never being recovered.
Growing up, I heard stories about lights being spotted hovering above the water. Some referred to them as lost souls, while others called them 'the dead lights'.
Indians populted the area back in the days when the English first settled the area, and there is a small cemetery located just up over an hill in a wooded area(see` picture).
While scenic as the pictures show, I could not help but get a feeling of being watched while I explored the area,snapping pictures. I would not go there at night.
Sunday, September 19, 2010
Saturday, September 18, 2010
I've always had a interest in everything paranormal. As a child, I would see and hear things that couldn't be explained. At the time, I thought it was normal. It wasn't until much later in my life that I realized, not everyone experiences these things.
I've started this blog as a way to communicate with others who have experienced things out of the ordinary. And on occasion, a great ghost story wouldn't go astray :)So if you have any real or fictional, feel free to send them along.
My first post is going to relay my last experiences in the house I just sold. It was my first house and I will never forget the happenings that went on there in the short two years I lived there.
I'll start with a little history on the house.
It was built in 1940(estimate) and belonged to one family. It wasn't a large house, two levels and a crawlspace, three bedrooms and one bathroom. I bought the house because I got a great deal, it needed lots of work but I was ok with that.
During the first month, we ripped the living room out and put up new drywall. This appeared to have stirred something.
The following happened within the span of two years. None of which I can explain.
- The microwave would beep, when not plugged in.
- A music box downstairs would play on it's own, multiple times in two years. It had to be physically wound.
- Doors upstairs, would open and shut on their own.
- Things appeared to be moving around the house on their own. If you laid down an object. It wasn't surprising to find it in another room.
- I did see an apparation once. She stood on the side of my bed and reached down to touch my cat who was asleep on my chest. She wore what looked to be grey pants and a red top. She looked elderly. The vision was blurred but I could make that much out. When I jumped out of bed and turned on the bedroom light, she was gone. Needless to say my cat freaked out when she made contact.
- The last thing I spotted was a black mist, almost like fog, floating around my bedroom light fixture. After that, I slept with the light on in my bedroom.
Further history on the house:
- There was one death in the house, a woman, who was elderly. This was told to me by a neighbour who had lived on the street for the past fifty years.
- The general area use to be populated by pubs that dated in the 1700's. So, can anything be pinpointed in my experiences? Not really, sometimes it can just be the land that's haunted and not the building. So who knows?
I hope you enjoyed my first post in this blog. I look forward to hearing your own experiences. If you would like to add them to the blog, contact me.
Posted by XD at 3:53 AM